Sunday, November 21, 2010

Operation Golden State: Victory

"A harrowing glimpse into a soul completely transformed by the violence and spirit of war"


or just a guy trying to relax on the beach?

James here.

Big thanks to Paola Hornbuckle at San Diego Theater Scene who gave the above quote in her review of I am the Machine Gunner.  You can check out the entire review here.

I'm finally back in NYC after spending a little post-show down-time in Los Angeles with my brother.   Back to chilly mornings and colder evenings in the winter of the city that never sleeps.  We all had to say "goodbye" to Carlsbad's frolicking dolphins and sounds of surf.  One of New York City's many facets is its ability to put things in perspective but if I said "We didn't know how good we had it" that would be a huge lie.  

We knew how good we had it.  We enjoyed every minute of it.  Big thanks again to Kristianne Kurner and the whole crew at New Village Arts who made our stay so comfortable.  I only wish we could have made it a longer stay.

And I wasn't the only one.

"the excellent I am the Machine Gunner . . . closed all too soon."
 
That was a quote from Marty Jones Westlin, a critic for the website "Words are not enough".  You can read the full review here.  Our review is just under the heading "Picture It".

All in all, Generous Company has made a terrific run of I am the Machine Gunner.  And though we aren't exactly sure where we'll be running next, we know that this isn't the end.  There are plenty of rumors swirling around, a lot places being discussed, and as soon as it solidifies, I'll be sure to post it here. 

Hope to see you soon, onstage or off.

Peace.



Out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment