Sunday, November 14, 2010

Operation Golden State: Opening


James here

Sunday morning.  We’ve got two shows behind us and have our sights set squarely on sending I am the Machine Gunner out of Carlsbad with a bang.  It certainly started out that way.

I apologize for not updating the blog sooner, but when you’re blowing away the audience each night before returning to your spacious beachfront apartment to watch dolphins frolic in the sunset, blogging slips a bit down on the hierarchy of needs.  

I know, I know.  Life gets ridiculous sometimes, but I’m not complaining. 

Well, I do have to walk downstairs to get to the Jacuzzi, but whatever.

The show has been going fantastic.  The opening night at New Village Arts Theatre in Carlsbad may have been our best show to date.  We had a good sized house and they were with me from the opening shot.  There are times in the show when I almost beg the audience to directly interact with me but the people of Carlsbad needed no extra prompting.  They sighed in agreement, grunted in assent, even shouted out the answers to some of the questions I asked.  

Fantastic.

To those brave souls who broke theatrical protocol and helped me move the show along, I salute you.

And to the guy whose cell phone went off at precisely the wrong moment, you are lucky I didn’t jump into the audience and strangle you.

But thanks for coming back to see it again on the second night.  You rock.

Out 

No comments:

Post a Comment