Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Operation Я.A.U.E.: Victory

James here.


Home again, Home again,

Jiggety, jig.

Some things just make you feel like dancing.  A homecoming after a few weeks on the road is one of them.  Another is our review in Timeout Chicago, which heralded I am the Machine Gunner as:

"a darkly fascinating meditation on the allure and reality of extreme violence"

Nice.  You can read the entire review here.

I can't tell you how vindicating it feels to see such praise for this show.  I think that we all felt that the show got stronger on this leg of the journey, and Timeout Chicago's review definitely reaffirms this.  There can be no doubt that we are gathering steam as we head towards California. I only hope the good people of Carlsbad can handle it when we roll in with Operation Golden State.

Out

1 comment:

  1. Hey James,
    I don't know if you will remember me, my name is Damon Dering (I'm the Artistic Director of Nearly Naked Theatre in Phoenix) and we met while you were doing Henry V and Romeo & Juliet at Southwest Shakes. I've been reading your blog and this show sounds UNBELIEVABLE!! I'd like to talk to you about it (and another thing) so could you contact me at artdirector@nearlynakedtheatre.org

    ReplyDelete